30 August 2013

Things around here...

I'm 39 weeks. What a ominous number! I've felt fairly good these last few weeks but the annoying thing is the unsolicited comments you receive from strangers. And they get repetitive. Annoyingly repetitive. While all you can really do is smile back politely because you can not be bothered.
 
Yes I know I'm "all baby" and it just looks like I've stuffed a basketball under my top. My pregnant belly enters the room minutes before the rest of me does, I know, I know.
 
UGH!
 
 
Meanwhile, I'm looking forward to being able to sit close to the table and not have endless stains on my tops. I can't wait to eat some smoked salmon again, soft cheeses and roll over in bed.  
 
Sewing has been on holiday the past couple weeks but last night I plonked my belly on my lap to sew these easy and oh so cute bow hair ties for upcoming birthdays. Another great use for scraps!
 



I tried Tessuti's Free Mandy Boat Tee when it was released but hacked it so it's no longer over sized and boxy. Now it's a basic drop shoulder tee. Give me a short while and I'll be able to try it on properly!

I'm baking Flo's Famous Pumpkin Scones. Delicious served with butter.

And I'll have some other completed projects to show you once I have a waist line again.

Spring is practically here...
Hope you are all well and happy.
:)

8 comments:

  1. 39weeks is an impresive number! Not long for seeing the baby :-)
    The bow ties are sooooo cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes thank you Maider ... pretty exciting to have a new little person enter the world! :)

      Delete
  2. The ties turned out cute! Unsolicited comments...My sister (who also has a large family) said she gets "Are they all yours?!" a lot. No, I just rented some similar-looking children. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Why would we be walking around with children if they weren't our own!? I got asked if they were all mine just a few days ago.. err no. none . ;)

      Delete
  3. cute hair ties! baby anytime now, take care :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute hair tires, I especially like the floral one :) My mum said she had the same thing when she was pregnant and she even had some strangers come up and put their hands on her stomach! She said it was a good exercise in rage control haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha! I had some drunk stranger rub my belly (without my permission) while I was waiting in a public toilet. Rage control is right! :)

      Delete