24 July 2013

A bit of stashbustin'

My camera and laptop are not on speaking terms at the moment so although it may seem quiet over here, I have still been sewing, sewing, sewing like crazy! I'm definitely trying to beat the third trimester tiredness. I have about 6 weeks left to go, give or take.
But until I figure out the camera issues, it's back to phone photos for now.

Call it nesting, or a desire to be inspired by my stash again, I reorganised my fabric storage bookshelf and have been trying to use up fabrics in my stash as much as I can. This isn't to say I still haven't been scoring a ton of great stuff from the op shops lately, or visiting Lincraft's 50% off fabric sale, or making hubby drive us all up to The Fabric Store so I could get something for myself and call it our "anniversary present"... hehe.... anyway....

Library bags. My kids love books but I end up carrying a huge, heavy bag every fortnight cause they go a bit crazy. So they now have their own bags which they'll also be able to use for school. I'll let them borrow as many books as they can fit/carry themselves! YAY to saving my own back.

All the fabric used were from the stash! Hooray. I even had enough to whip up a few more as future gifts. Smart thinking woman.



I used this tutorial  - the handles are shorter and the bag is lined. There is also a little name label section inside. 
I added a square base as I think it makes the bag look more professional and better for book holding. 
You can find a tutorial on how to do that here

6 comments:

  1. So cute!!! Thanks for the links! This project is a easy and quick way to use all the fabric scraps that we have in our stash!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maider! And these bags are great for carrying anything really. :)

      Delete
  2. Cute! I love all of the animals on your fabric. I am trying to sew through my stash...it's embarrassing how much fabric I have hoarded in my sewing room!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I guess we're all fabric hoarders ... waiting for that perfect pattern. But I'm trying to use up stuff for when I put new fabric in the stash.... keep it balanced. :)

      Delete
  3. I love the polka dot facing. I'm going to check out the tutorial for the square base, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You just love polka dots full stop. ;)

      Delete